Women’s Ministry Pearls
The PEARLS, Houston, TX
Rev. Djenaba, Ministry Leader
We will build intentional relationships and serve as a financial support base to the church. We intend to strengthen relationships by spending concentrated time in the word of God. Serve God by using our Giftedness for the benefit of others. To strive to attain our “Best Selves” as we support others in development.
The Pearl’s women’s ministry is to meet the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of the women of the PAOCC and church community. This ministry is designed to encourage women to grow in their faith; and to develop, strengthen and nourish intimate relationships with other women and to work in concert with the vision of the PAOCC.
Pearls Ministry Structure
The Pearls Ministry shall be an integral aspect of the Church’s program. We are a local entity and also a part of a National Women of Worship Ministry. Ministry Leader participates in monthly conference calls with the National WOW Ministry Team and updates the local ministry as to the national objectives. Involvement also includes yearly observances of Pan African Women’s History Month (March) and bi-annual WOW National Retreats.
PEARL’S Ministry Structure
- Ministry Leader
- Mediators – Assist in various areas
- Monthly meetings
- To be held at volunteers homes every 4th Sunday unless otherwise determined.
Growing Our Faith –
- Bible Study/Devotionals
Growing Our Relationships & Social Consciousness
- Pearl’s Socials/Outreach/Fellowships
- Pearl’s Angel’s Closet (Seasonal Clothing Drive)
- Pearl’s Book Club
- Girl Power – (Mentoring Program)
- Elder’s Circle
Moving with God
- Group Beulah Land Pledges
- Prayer Partners-Care Committee (Let the Circle Be Unbroken)
- Monthly Ujamaa Kazi Projects
- Church Fundraisers*
- Beulah land Pilgrimage
Anniversary Month Projects
- Shrine Cleanup – Saturdays
- Buy Black Marketplace – Volunteers
- Shrine Gift Shop/Fundraiser – Vending Table to sell items to raise funds for the church. (Black Greeting Cards, Novelties).
- PEARLS TEA (Sister to Sister)